This report analyzes and compares GENESEE & WYOMING's employee health insurance and employee benefits with its industry and in Connecticut State.
Providing a smart employee benefits package is critical for attracting top talent and retaining valuable employees. Today, employee benefits play a vital role when candidates consider accepting a job offer.
Many companies offer today over-the-top perks, like yoga classes, haircuts, catered meals, and acupuncture. In this report, we focus however on traditional benefits. It's a work in progress that we will expand and update on a regular basis.
This report contains the following sections
GENESEE & WYOMING offers valuable career benefits and onboarding programs for its team members in an effort the make them feel like a part of the family. GENESEE & WYOMING believes that every employee has a valuable set of skills so it helps them plan their careers with valuable developmental resources and mentorships.
- CAREER PLANNING: GENESEE & WYOMING offers top-notch possibilities for career planning to its team members. Whether it's an expert position or an entry-level position, GENESEE & WYOMING makes sure that every single team member takes the full advantage of top-notch career planning programs.
- COACHING AND MENTORING: By using a solid coaching and mentoring program, GENESEE & WYOMING can determine what should every team member focus on to grow and increase productivity.
- DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES: GENESEE & WYOMING offers superior development resources to enable its employees to grow on a personal and a professional plan. With access to superior intern programs and seminars, employees can learn new skills and stay at the top of their fields.
- GED REIMBURSEMENT: GENESEE & WYOMING has a superior policy when it comes to GED reimbursement and participates with 1/2 of the costs.
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS: GENESEE & WYOMING offers a wide variety of remarkable courses and seminars for every team member who aspires to a leadership position. Employees are encouraged by GENESEE & WYOMING to grow as leaders and learn how to make tough calls.
- ONBOARDING: GENESEE & WYOMING is aware of the difficulties that new employees might experience when they join the team. That's why GENESEE & WYOMING has a valuable Onboarding program that makes sure the transition period goes as smoothly as possible.
- RECOGNITION PROGRAMS: Aware of the fact that its team members work hard, GENESEE & WYOMING implemented a suitable Recognition program with informal rewards to make sure the team members know they are appreciated.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: GENESEE & WYOMING does not offer tuition reimbursement.
GENESEE & WYOMING
|Career planning Benefits|
|Coaching and mentoring Benefits|
|Development resources Benefits|
|GED reimbursement Benefits|
|Leadership programs Benefits|
|Recognition programs Benefits|
|Tuition reimbursement Benefits|
GENESEE & WYOMING has valuable health benefits that enable its team members to have various basic and complex procedures covered. Besides, it offers valuable dental and vision plans where team members can rest count on covered preventive exams as well as some procedures. For bigger expenses. Employees have a valuable healthcare spending account at their disposal.
- COUNSELING: GENESEE & WYOMING is aware of the fact that its employees can sometimes experience stress at the workplace or have some other psychological issues. That's why GENESEE & WYOMING implemented a suitable counseling program that helps team members during office hours. Employees can receive a psychological and emotional support during difficult periods of their time and learn how to effectively cope with stress. This suitable counseling program includes nutritional and fitness information as well.
- DENTAL PLAN: GENESEE & WYOMING offers a valuable dental plan for its team members to take care of their basic dental needs. The plan covers preventive dental exams in full. Team members have an option to pay for a more inclusive dental plan with better coverage.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: GENESEE & WYOMING offers a great health insurance for its team members that covers a most basic and some complex medical procedures.
- HEALTH PLAN INCENTIVES: GENESEE & WYOMING offers its team members superb health plan incentives. Team members are encouraged to take a proactive approach to their health and take care of their BMI, sugar and fat in their blood, and other biometrics. GENESEE & WYOMING provides educational material and seminars.
- HEALTHCARE SPENDING ACCOUNTS: To financially help its team members with medical emergencies, GENESEE & WYOMING offers a suitable healthcare spending account where employees can deposit a part of their paycheck, free of taxes, and use it to pay hospital bills or other eligible expenses. Any remaining funds left at the end of the year are forfeited.
- MATERNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM: GENESEE & WYOMING has a valuable maternity support program with helpful resources for its expecting team members in an effort to make their pregnancy go as smooth as possible.
- TELEHEALTH: GENESEE & WYOMING has a valuable telehealth policy available for its team members. Employees have access to exams and opinions over the phone which saves them a lot of time and stress. GENESEE & WYOMING can recommend a certain doctor or institution and covers up to 50% of the costs.
- VISION PLAN: GENESEE & WYOMING provides a first-class Vision Plan covers all sorts of eye-related medical assistance for its team members, with an additional option for covering the costs of glasses and contact lenses.
GENESEE & WYOMING
|Dental Plan Benefits|
|Health Insurance Benefits|
|Health Plan Incentives Benefits|
|Healthcare Spending Accounts Benefits|
|Maternity support program Benefits|
|Vision Plan Benefits|
GENESEE & WYOMING offers first-class financial benefits for employees and their family members. A first-class 401(k) plan makes sure that employees have a secure retirement, while a generous, fully paid parental leave allows expecting mothers and fathers to enjoy their child's first year. Along with paid vacations, employees can enjoy fully paid commuting as well.
- 401(K) PLAN: GENESEE & WYOMING does not offer 401(k) plan.
- ADOPTION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT: GENESEE & WYOMING has an extraordinary Adoption Assistance Reimbursement program. It is one of the best available as it covers various court fees and attorney costs for team members, even if the child comes from a foreign country.
- BONUS PAY: GENESEE & WYOMING has a valuable bonus plan that takes into account the individual efforts of a certain team member, as well as the results that those efforts generated.
- CHILDCARE DISCOUNT: GENESEE & WYOMING offers a good discount for primary childcare to its team members and enables them affordable prices.
- COMMUTER BENEFIT: GENESEE & WYOMING acknowledges the fact that some team members have high commuting costs so it offers them superior commuter benefits which cover various commuting expenses for trains and buses, as well as parking expenses.
- DAYCARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: GENESEE & WYOMING offers an exceptional daycare program for its employees. Team members can withdraw funds from a flexible spending account to cover all sorts of expenses related to daycare or eldercare.
- DISABILITY: GENESEE & WYOMING offers a remarkable short-term disability coverage for its team members. Through disability program, part of the employee's salary is replaced by the coverage for a limited time. This enables team members to have a financial stability during the difficult period of their lives and helps them to get back on track.
- LIFE INSURANCE: GENESEE & WYOMING offers a solid life insurance policy to its team members for an affordable price. GENESEE & WYOMING participates with 50% of the costs of the policy which makes it enticing for employees to buy it. Beneficiaries of team members can expect to get up to 1 year worth of employee's salary.
- PAID TIME OFF: GENESEE & WYOMING has an exceptional vacation program for its team members with a great deal of paid vacation days. Team members can spend those days at their own pace, any time of the year. Various national and personal holidays are taken into account as well.
- PAID VOLUNTEER TIME OFF: GENESEE & WYOMING believes that exceptional volunteer time off programs not only strengthens their brand but it also attracts the highest quality of employees. That's why GENESEE & WYOMING offers its team members up to 50 hours of paid volunteer time off.
- PARENTAL LEAVE: GENESEE & WYOMING has a suitable parental leave policy for eligible team members like new mothers and fathers, including adoption, surrogacy and foster care.
GENESEE & WYOMING
|401(k) plan Benefits|
|Adoption assistance reimbursement Benefits|
|Bonus pay Benefits|
|Childcare discount Benefits|
|Commuter benefit Benefits|
|Daycare flexible spending account Benefits|
|Life insurance Benefits|
|Paid time off Benefits|
|Paid volunteer time off Benefits|
|Parental leave Benefits|
Improve this report:
We have prepared GENESEE & WYOMING's benefits report with the best of our knowledge. If you believe some information here is incorrect, please click the link below and send as a note.
We will contact you and/or update the information in 2-5 business days.