This report analyzes and compares HERMAN MILLER's employee health insurance and employee benefits with its industry and in Michigan State.
Providing a smart employee benefits package is critical for attracting top talent and retaining valuable employees. Today, employee benefits play a vital role when candidates consider accepting a job offer.
Many companies offer today over-the-top perks, like yoga classes, haircuts, catered meals, and acupuncture. In this report, we focus however on traditional benefits. It's a work in progress that we will expand and update on a regular basis.
This report contains the following sections
HERMAN MILLER offers solid career benefits and onboarding programs for its team members in an effort the make them feel like a part of the family. HERMAN MILLER believes that every employee has a valuable set of skills so it helps them plan their careers with solid developmental resources and mentorships.
- CAREER PLANNING: HERMAN MILLER believes that career planning of each employee is a key to a successful business and offers valuable opportunities so that the employees can reach their full potential. HERMAN MILLER has valuable resources at its disposal to achieve this goal.
- COACHING AND MENTORING: HERMAN MILLER does not offer coaching and mentoring.
- DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES: HERMAN MILLER offers superior development resources to enable its employees to grow on a personal and a professional plan. With access to superior intern programs and seminars, employees can learn new skills and stay at the top of their fields.
- GED REIMBURSEMENT: HERMAN MILLER has a remarkable policy when it comes to GED reimbursement and participates with 1/2 of the costs.
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS: HERMAN MILLER does not offer leadership programs.
- ONBOARDING: HERMAN MILLER is aware of the difficulties that new employees might experience when they join the team. That's why HERMAN MILLER has a valuable Onboarding program that makes sure the transition period goes as smoothly as possible.
- RECOGNITION PROGRAMS: HERMAN MILLER knows that dedicated team members are hard to come by so it has an extraordinary Recognition program for those who stand out and continually contribute to HERMAN MILLER.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: HERMAN MILLER has a suitable Tuition Reimbursement Program and participates with up to 25% of the costs for team members who want a job-related certificate or a degree.
|Career planning Benefits|
|Coaching and mentoring Benefits|
|Development resources Benefits|
|GED reimbursement Benefits|
|Leadership programs Benefits|
|Recognition programs Benefits|
|Tuition reimbursement Benefits|
HERMAN MILLER offers first-class health benefits to its employees, of which some can be used by employee's family members. Besides an affordable healthcare insurance and a dental plan that includes recounstruction surgery, team members can enjoy HERMAN MILLER's first-class maternity support program, nutritional and psychological counseling, and health plan incentives.
- COUNSELING: HERMAN MILLER does not offer counseling.
- DENTAL PLAN: Team members at HERMAN MILLER have a first-class dental plan at their disposal and can count on 100% coverage for preventative dental care, as well as some more complex dental procedures. HERMAN MILLER partially pays for dentures and braces as well.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: HERMAN MILLER offers a suitable health insurance for its team members that covers a most basic and some complex medical procedures.
- HEALTH PLAN INCENTIVES: HERMAN MILLER is aware of the fact that a healthy employee is a productive employee so it offers impressive health plan incentives for its team members. Some of the perks are lowered premium rates, individual consultations with nutritionists and physicians, and regular checkups.
- HEALTHCARE SPENDING ACCOUNTS: HERMAN MILLER has a top-notch healthcare spending account available for their team members. Funds that are placed there are tax-free and can be used for medical necessities. Whatever money is left in the account at the end of the year is automatically carried over to the next year.
- MATERNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM: Aware of the challenges that come with pregnancy, HERMAN MILLER has created a superior maternity support program to support its expecting team members.
- TELEHEALTH: HERMAN MILLER has an outstanding telehealth policy that provides its employees and their family members with a great variety of fully covered telehealth services from health professionals all over the country. This way, employees can get medical help even in the middle of the night.
- VISION PLAN: HERMAN MILLER provides a remarkable Vision Plan covers all sorts of eye-related medical assistance for its team members, with an additional option for covering the costs of glasses and contact lenses.
|Dental Plan Benefits|
|Health Insurance Benefits|
|Health Plan Incentives Benefits|
|Healthcare Spending Accounts Benefits|
|Maternity support program Benefits|
|Vision Plan Benefits|
HERMAN MILLER offers superior financial benefits for employees and their family members. A superior 401(k) plan makes sure that employees have a secure retirement, while a generous, fully paid parental leave allows expecting mothers and fathers to enjoy their child's first year. Along with paid vacations, employees can enjoy fully paid commuting as well.
- 401(K) PLAN: HERMAN MILLER knows how important it is to think about retirement and start saving on time. That's why it offers a good 401(k) plan that enables every team member to build a decent retirement fund at their own pace. Team members are allowed to put aside up to 4% of their salary and HERMAN MILLER will match 50% of it. The employees can choose from multiple investment plans, according to their wishes and lifestyles. For those who are not sure about their investment options, HERMAN MILLER provides resources which will help team members decide what to do with their 401(k) plan. HERMAN MILLER offers a good vesting schedule with a gradual increase of 25% per year.
- ADOPTION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT: HERMAN MILLER has a suitable Adoption Assistance Reimbursement program that pays certain fees associated with the adoption process. With this program, the employees can rest assure that at least some of the costs will be covered.
- BONUS PAY: HERMAN MILLER offers superior bonuses to team members who excel in their field of work, provide extraordinary results for HERMAN MILLER, and encourage others to do the same.
- CHILDCARE DISCOUNT: HERMAN MILLER offers a good discount for primary childcare to its team members and enables them affordable prices.
- COMMUTER BENEFIT: HERMAN MILLER acknowledges the fact that some team members have high commuting costs so it offers them superb commuter benefits which cover various commuting expenses for trains and buses, as well as parking expenses.
- DAYCARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: HERMAN MILLER offers an outstanding daycare program for its employees. Team members can withdraw funds from a flexible spending account to cover all sorts of expenses related to daycare or eldercare.
- DISABILITY: HERMAN MILLER has a great disability program in place that takes care of team members who sustained an injury or suffer from an illness that causes them disability. Eligible team members are offered a great coverage for a short-term disability that replaces a certain percentage of salary for a certain period of time.
- LIFE INSURANCE: HERMAN MILLER offers an outstanding life insurance program. It is one of the best in the country and offers free life insurance for team members. The policy pays up to three years worth of salary to beneficiaries. This outstanding life insurance package contains dependent policies as well.
- PAID TIME OFF: HERMAN MILLER realizes that optimal productivity can be achieved only if it enables paid vacation for its team members. That's why HERMAN MILLER has a remarkable vacation program of its employees with a reasonable number of days that can be spent anytime.
- PAID VOLUNTEER TIME OFF: HERMAN MILLER recognizes the importance of giving back to the community so it offers a great volunteer time off program for its team members. Employees are encouraged to spend up to 20 working hours per year, paid by HERMAN MILLER, on volunteer work of their choice.
- PARENTAL LEAVE: HERMAN MILLER has an extraordinary parental leave policy for eligible team members like new mothers and fathers, including adoption, surrogacy and foster care.
|401(k) plan Benefits|
|Adoption assistance reimbursement Benefits|
|Bonus pay Benefits|
|Childcare discount Benefits|
|Commuter benefit Benefits|
|Daycare flexible spending account Benefits|
|Life insurance Benefits|
|Paid time off Benefits|
|Paid volunteer time off Benefits|
|Parental leave Benefits|
Improve this report:
We have prepared HERMAN MILLER's benefits report with the best of our knowledge. If you believe some information here is incorrect, please click the link below and send as a note.
We will contact you and/or update the information in 2-5 business days.