This report analyzes and compares SAFEWAY's employee health insurance and employee benefits with its industry and in California State.
Providing a smart employee benefits package is critical for attracting top talent and retaining valuable employees. Today, employee benefits play a vital role when candidates consider accepting a job offer.
Many companies offer today over-the-top perks, like yoga classes, haircuts, catered meals, and acupuncture. In this report, we focus however on traditional benefits. It's a work in progress that we will expand and update on a regular basis.
This report contains the following sections
SAFEWAY offers valuable career benefits and onboarding programs for its team members in an effort the make them feel like a part of the family. SAFEWAY believes that every employee has a valuable set of skills so it helps them plan their careers with valuable developmental resources and mentorships.
- CAREER PLANNING: SAFEWAY believes that career planning of each employee is a key to a successful business and offers great opportunities so that the employees can reach their full potential. SAFEWAY has great resources at its disposal to achieve this goal.
- COACHING AND MENTORING: SAFEWAY does not offer coaching and mentoring.
- DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES: SAFEWAY encourages its team members to work on their existing skills and gain new ones continually. By providing solid development resources, SAFEWAY supports their team members on their journey to perfection. Employees have a wide range of solid resources at their disposal for professional and personal growth.
- GED REIMBURSEMENT: SAFEWAY has a suitable GED reimbursement policy for its team members and participates with 1/4 of the costs for obtaining a GED.
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS: SAFEWAY is always on the lookout for new leadership material and offers valuable development programs for its team members. With access to valuable resources, SAFEWAY ensures that team members with a potential for becoming leaders can achieve their goals.
- ONBOARDING: SAFEWAY is aware of the difficulties that new employees might experience when they join the team. That's why SAFEWAY has a solid Onboarding program that makes sure the transition period goes as smoothly as possible.
- RECOGNITION PROGRAMS: Aware of the fact that its team members work hard, SAFEWAY implemented a solid Recognition program with informal rewards to make sure the team members know they are appreciated.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: SAFEWAY does not offer tuition reimbursement.
|Career planning Benefits|
|Coaching and mentoring Benefits|
|Development resources Benefits|
|GED reimbursement Benefits|
|Leadership programs Benefits|
|Recognition programs Benefits|
|Tuition reimbursement Benefits|
SAFEWAY offers remarkable health benefits to its employees, of which some can be used by employee's family members. Besides an affordable healthcare insurance and a dental plan that includes recounstruction surgery, team members can enjoy SAFEWAY's remarkable maternity support program, nutritional and psychological counseling, and health plan incentives.
- COUNSELING: SAFEWAY does not offer counseling.
- DENTAL PLAN: Team members at SAFEWAY have a first-class dental plan at their disposal and can count on 100% coverage for preventative dental care, as well as some more complex dental procedures. SAFEWAY partially pays for dentures and braces as well.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: SAFEWAY provides an exceptional health insurance plan that covers all sorts of medical expenses for employees and their families, including hospital stays and surgical procedures.
- HEALTH PLAN INCENTIVES: In an effort to improve the wellbeing and quality of life of its team members, SAFEWAY offers solid health plan incentives for its employees. Employees have at their disposal various resources through which they can learn about their health and how to improve it.
- HEALTHCARE SPENDING ACCOUNTS: SAFEWAY offers an outstanding healthcare spending account to its employees. Employees have an option to deposit a part of their salary into the account and use it for any medical or dental expenses not covered by their health plan. Employee's family members can use this funds as well.
- MATERNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM: SAFEWAY has a valuable maternity support program with helpful resources for its expecting team members in an effort to make their pregnancy go as smooth as possible.
- TELEHEALTH: SAFEWAY has a good telehealth policy available for its team members. Employees have access to exams and opinions over the phone which saves them a lot of time and stress. SAFEWAY can recommend a certain doctor or institution and covers up to 50% of the costs.
- VISION PLAN: SAFEWAY provides a superb Vision Plan covers all sorts of eye-related medical assistance for its team members, with an additional option for covering the costs of glasses and contact lenses.
|Dental Plan Benefits|
|Health Insurance Benefits|
|Health Plan Incentives Benefits|
|Healthcare Spending Accounts Benefits|
|Maternity support program Benefits|
|Vision Plan Benefits|
Team members enjoy good financial benefits at SAFEWAY. They have a good variety of financial benefits at their disposal and can always count on financial help when it comes to disability or commuting. SAFEWAY offers good life insurance with affordable rates, as well as parental leave for expecting mothers. Employees who decide to adopt a child can expect SAFEWAY to partially cover the expenses.
- 401(K) PLAN: SAFEWAY knows how important it is to think about retirement and start saving on time. That's why it offers a suitable 401(k) plan that enables every team member to build a decent retirement fund at their own pace. Team members are allowed to put aside up to 4% of their salary and SAFEWAY will match 50% of it. The employees can choose from multiple investment plans, according to their wishes and lifestyles. For those who are not sure about their investment options, SAFEWAY provides resources which will help team members decide what to do with their 401(k) plan. SAFEWAY offers a suitable vesting schedule with a gradual increase of 25% per year.
- ADOPTION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT: SAFEWAY does not offer adoption assistance reimbursement.
- BONUS PAY: SAFEWAY offers first-class bonuses to team members who excel in their field of work, provide extraordinary results for SAFEWAY, and encourage others to do the same.
- CHILDCARE DISCOUNT: SAFEWAY does not offer childcare discount.
- COMMUTER BENEFIT: SAFEWAY has a good commuting policy and offers commuter benefits that allow eligible team members to cover their transportation or parking costs up to a certain distance from the place of work.
- DAYCARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: SAFEWAY offers a superior daycare policy for its members, with a flexible spending account which team members can use to pay for various daycare expenses for when they are at work.
- DISABILITY: SAFEWAY has an impressive disability program available for eligible team members. Whether it's a short- term or a long-term disability, team members can rest assured that their financial status won't be compromised even when they are not working. Once the short-term disability coverage expires, employees have the option to enjoy long-term disability coverage.
- LIFE INSURANCE: SAFEWAY has a first-class life insurance program and offers fully paid life insurance policies for its team members. The policy pays around two years worth of salary to employees' beneficiaries. Option to buy additional coverage is available for every team member.
- PAID TIME OFF: SAFEWAY wants for its team members to lead a happy and fulfilled life so it has a great vacation policy for every employee. The number of paid vacation days depends on how long has a certain member been part of the team.
- PAID VOLUNTEER TIME OFF: SAFEWAY recognizes the importance of giving back to the community so it offers a solid volunteer time off program for its team members. Employees are encouraged to spend up to 20 working hours per year, paid by SAFEWAY, on volunteer work of their choice.
- PARENTAL LEAVE: SAFEWAY has a top-notch parental leave policy for eligible team members like new mothers and fathers, including adoption, surrogacy and foster care.
|401(k) plan Benefits|
|Adoption assistance reimbursement Benefits|
|Bonus pay Benefits|
|Childcare discount Benefits|
|Commuter benefit Benefits|
|Daycare flexible spending account Benefits|
|Life insurance Benefits|
|Paid time off Benefits|
|Paid volunteer time off Benefits|
|Parental leave Benefits|
Improve this report:
We have prepared SAFEWAY's benefits report with the best of our knowledge. If you believe some information here is incorrect, please click the link below and send as a note.
We will contact you and/or update the information in 2-5 business days.