This report analyzes and compares THE WALL STREET JOURNAL's employee health insurance and employee benefits with its industry and in New York State.
Providing a smart employee benefits package is critical for attracting top talent and retaining valuable employees. Today, employee benefits play a vital role when candidates consider accepting a job offer.
Many companies offer today over-the-top perks, like yoga classes, haircuts, catered meals, and acupuncture. In this report, we focus however on traditional benefits. It's a work in progress that we will expand and update on a regular basis.
This report contains the following sections
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has top-notch career benefits that have a great impact on employees' career. There are several coaching and mentoring programs, as well as onboarding program for new employees to help them fit in the THE WALL STREET JOURNAL. top-notch tuition reimbursement programs are available for employees who want to get a work-related degree or a certificate.
- CAREER PLANNING: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL believes that career planning of each employee is a key to a successful business and offers great opportunities so that the employees can reach their full potential. THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has great resources at its disposal to achieve this goal.
- COACHING AND MENTORING: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL believes that an impressive coaching and mentoring program is necessary for the employees to thrive, expand their skill set, and become the best in their field.
- DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL encourages its team members to work on their existing skills and gain new ones continually. By providing valuable development resources, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL supports their team members on their journey to perfection. Employees have a wide range of valuable resources at their disposal for professional and personal growth.
- GED REIMBURSEMENT: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has an exceptional GED policy and offers to pay full costs for employees who want to obtain a GED.
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL is always on the lookout for new leadership material and offers valuable development programs for its team members. With access to valuable resources, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL ensures that team members with a potential for becoming leaders can achieve their goals.
- ONBOARDING: Whether the newcomer is an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, coming to a new place of work is never easy. That's why THE WALL STREET JOURNAL offers an exceptional Onboarding program to help new employees understand their role and cooperate with the rest of the team.
- RECOGNITION PROGRAMS: Aware of the fact that its team members work hard, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL implemented a solid Recognition program with informal rewards to make sure the team members know they are appreciated.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL does not offer tuition reimbursement.
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
|Career planning Benefits|
|Coaching and mentoring Benefits|
|Development resources Benefits|
|GED reimbursement Benefits|
|Leadership programs Benefits|
|Recognition programs Benefits|
|Tuition reimbursement Benefits|
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL offers top-notch health benefits to its employees, of which some can be used by employee's family members. Besides an affordable healthcare insurance and a dental plan that includes recounstruction surgery, team members can enjoy THE WALL STREET JOURNAL's top-notch maternity support program, nutritional and psychological counseling, and health plan incentives.
- COUNSELING: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL wants to make sure that its team members are physically and psychologically healthy, and emotionally balanced. In order to make that happen, Its superior counseling program enables the team members to talk with experts 24/7. Employees can receive practical fitness and nutritional tips, talk about their problems, and learn effective techniques for dealing with stress and anxiety. Team members can count on confidentiality at all times.
- DENTAL PLAN: Team members at THE WALL STREET JOURNAL have a superb dental plan at their disposal and can count on 100% coverage for preventative dental care, as well as some more complex dental procedures. THE WALL STREET JOURNAL partially pays for dentures and braces as well.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL offers a superior health insurance for every employee. Various exams and procedures are covered, as well as comprehensive health plans.
- HEALTH PLAN INCENTIVES: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL offers its team members superior health plan incentives. Team members are encouraged to take a proactive approach to their health and take care of their BMI, sugar and fat in their blood, and other biometrics. THE WALL STREET JOURNAL provides educational material and seminars.
- HEALTHCARE SPENDING ACCOUNTS: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL offers an impressive healthcare spending account to its employees. Employees have an option to deposit a part of their salary into the account and use it for any medical or dental expenses not covered by their health plan. Employee's family members can use this funds as well.
- MATERNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM: Aware of the challenges that come with pregnancy, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has created a superior maternity support program to support its expecting team members.
- TELEHEALTH: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has implemented a superior telehealth policy for its members to use any time of the day, every single day. THE WALL STREET JOURNAL covers all expenses of exams, doctor's opinions, and other services that can be done over the phone or via video call.
- VISION PLAN: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has an impressive Vision Plan for its team members who can count on coverage of a wide variety eye exams and procedures, as well as vision-related medical devices.
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
|Dental Plan Benefits|
|Health Insurance Benefits|
|Health Plan Incentives Benefits|
|Healthcare Spending Accounts Benefits|
|Maternity support program Benefits|
|Vision Plan Benefits|
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL offers top-notch financial benefits for employees and their family members. A top-notch 401(k) plan makes sure that employees have a secure retirement, while a generous, fully paid parental leave allows expecting mothers and fathers to enjoy their child's first year. Along with paid vacations, employees can enjoy fully paid commuting as well.
- 401(K) PLAN: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has a superior 401(k) plan as it realizes that many of its team members are concerned with the future and want to retire with a sizable retirement fund. THE WALL STREET JOURNAL provides a 401(k) plan where employees can rest assured that the money they put aside will allow them to live comfortably in retirement. Employees are encouraged to invest up to 5% in 401(k) by a superior THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has Matching program that matches 75% of employees' contributions. Whatever THE WALL STREET JOURNAL contributes, it becomes 100% vested after a 2-year period after which the employees can keep even if they leave THE WALL STREET JOURNAL. Recognizing that every team member is unique, with specific needs and goals, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL keeps their members informed about their 401(k) options.
- ADOPTION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has an exceptional Adoption Assistance Reimbursement program. It is one of the best available as it covers various court fees and attorney costs for team members, even if the child comes from a foreign country.
- BONUS PAY: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has an extraordinary bonus plan. It makes sure that hardworking team members are properly rewarded for their individual contribution to projects as well as their cooperation with other team members.
- CHILDCARE DISCOUNT: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL does not offer childcare discount.
- COMMUTER BENEFIT: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has a solid commuting policy and offers commuter benefits that allow eligible team members to cover their transportation or parking costs up to a certain distance from the place of work.
- DAYCARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has a valuable daycare spending account that fills from each paycheck before taxes. This allows team members to partially cover costs of daycare while they are at work.
- DISABILITY: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has a suitable disability program in place that takes care of team members who sustained an injury or suffer from an illness that causes them disability. Eligible team members are offered a suitable coverage for a short-term disability that replaces a certain percentage of salary for a certain period of time.
- LIFE INSURANCE: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has a remarkable life insurance program and offers fully paid life insurance policies for its team members. The policy pays around two years worth of salary to employees' beneficiaries. Option to buy additional coverage is available for every team member.
- PAID TIME OFF: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL realizes that optimal productivity can be achieved only if it enables paid vacation for its team members. That's why THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has a first-class vacation program of its employees with a reasonable number of days that can be spent anytime.
- PAID VOLUNTEER TIME OFF: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has a superior volunteer time off program for its team members. Aware of the fact that volunteer work builds character and widens the horizons, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL stimulates its team members to use two paid days every quartal for volunteering purposes.
- PARENTAL LEAVE: THE WALL STREET JOURNAL has a suitable parental leave policy for eligible team members like new mothers and fathers, including adoption, surrogacy and foster care.
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
|401(k) plan Benefits|
|Adoption assistance reimbursement Benefits|
|Bonus pay Benefits|
|Childcare discount Benefits|
|Commuter benefit Benefits|
|Daycare flexible spending account Benefits|
|Life insurance Benefits|
|Paid time off Benefits|
|Paid volunteer time off Benefits|
|Parental leave Benefits|
Improve this report:
We have prepared THE WALL STREET JOURNAL's benefits report with the best of our knowledge. If you believe some information here is incorrect, please click the link below and send as a note.
We will contact you and/or update the information in 2-5 business days.