This report analyzes and compares GOTTSCHALKS' employee health insurance and employee benefits with its industry and in California State.
Providing a smart employee benefits package is critical for attracting top talent and retaining valuable employees. Today, employee benefits play a vital role when candidates consider accepting a job offer.
Many companies offer today over-the-top perks, like yoga classes, haircuts, catered meals, and acupuncture. In this report, we focus however on traditional benefits. It's a work in progress that we will expand and update on a regular basis.
This report contains the following sections
GOTTSCHALKS offers suitable career benefits and onboarding programs for its team members in an effort the make them feel like a part of the family. GOTTSCHALKS believes that every employee has a valuable set of skills so it helps them plan their careers with suitable developmental resources and mentorships.
- CAREER PLANNING: GOTTSCHALKS believes that career planning of each employee is a key to a successful business and offers solid opportunities so that the employees can reach their full potential. GOTTSCHALKS has solid resources at its disposal to achieve this goal.
- COACHING AND MENTORING: By using a valuable coaching and mentoring program, GOTTSCHALKS can determine what should every team member focus on to grow and increase productivity.
- DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES: GOTTSCHALKS offers superior development resources to enable its employees to grow on a personal and a professional plan. With access to superior intern programs and seminars, employees can learn new skills and stay at the top of their fields.
- GED REIMBURSEMENT: GOTTSCHALKS has a solid GED reimbursement policy for its team members and participates with 1/4 of the costs for obtaining a GED.
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS: GOTTSCHALKS does not offer leadership programs.
- ONBOARDING: GOTTSCHALKS does not offer onboarding.
- RECOGNITION PROGRAMS: GOTTSCHALKS knows that dedicated team members are hard to come by so it has an exceptional Recognition program for those who stand out and continually contribute to GOTTSCHALKS.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: GOTTSCHALKS realizes that continuous education is a key to success so it has an impressive Tuition Reimbursement Program and pays full costs for college degrees or job-related certificates.
|Career planning Benefits|
|Coaching and mentoring Benefits|
|Development resources Benefits|
|GED reimbursement Benefits|
|Leadership programs Benefits|
|Recognition programs Benefits|
|Tuition reimbursement Benefits|
GOTTSCHALKS offers remarkable health benefits to its employees, of which some can be used by employee's family members. Besides an affordable healthcare insurance and a dental plan that includes recounstruction surgery, team members can enjoy GOTTSCHALKS's remarkable maternity support program, nutritional and psychological counseling, and health plan incentives.
- COUNSELING: GOTTSCHALKS has an outstanding counseling program for its employees and their family members. Team members are encouraged by GOTTSCHALKS to talk freely with experts about everything that bothers them. Whether it's something at the workplace or something at home, experienced counselors are there to help. This outstanding counseling program offers help any time of the day, seven days a week. Even a certain number of family sessions is included.
- DENTAL PLAN: GOTTSCHALKS cares about its team members' dental health so it offers an impressive dental plan for employees and their family members that fully covers all sorts of preventative dental care as well as reconstructive surgeries and other orthodontia services.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: GOTTSCHALKS provides an excellent health insurance plan that covers all sorts of medical expenses for employees and their families, including hospital stays and surgical procedures.
- HEALTH PLAN INCENTIVES: GOTTSCHALKS does not offer health plan incentives.
- HEALTHCARE SPENDING ACCOUNTS: To financially help its team members with medical emergencies, GOTTSCHALKS offers a good healthcare spending account where employees can deposit a part of their paycheck, free of taxes, and use it to pay hospital bills or other eligible expenses. Any remaining funds left at the end of the year are forfeited.
- MATERNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM: GOTTSCHALKS offers an exceptional maternity support program which enables expecting mothers to access quality resources, administrative assistance, and support every single day.
- TELEHEALTH: GOTTSCHALKS does not offer telehealth.
- VISION PLAN: GOTTSCHALKS has an impressive Vision Plan for its team members who can count on coverage of a wide variety eye exams and procedures, as well as vision-related medical devices.
|Dental Plan Benefits|
|Health Insurance Benefits|
|Health Plan Incentives Benefits|
|Healthcare Spending Accounts Benefits|
|Maternity support program Benefits|
|Vision Plan Benefits|
Team members enjoy solid financial benefits at GOTTSCHALKS. They have a good variety of financial benefits at their disposal and can always count on financial help when it comes to disability or commuting. GOTTSCHALKS offers solid life insurance with affordable rates, as well as parental leave for expecting mothers. Employees who decide to adopt a child can expect GOTTSCHALKS to partially cover the expenses.
- 401(K) PLAN: GOTTSCHALKS has a first-class 401(k) plan as it realizes that many of its team members are concerned with the future and want to retire with a sizable retirement fund. GOTTSCHALKS provides a 401(k) plan where employees can rest assured that the money they put aside will allow them to live comfortably in retirement. Employees are encouraged to invest up to 5% in 401(k) by a first-class GOTTSCHALKS has Matching program that matches 75% of employees' contributions. Whatever GOTTSCHALKS contributes, it becomes 100% vested after a 2-year period after which the employees can keep even if they leave GOTTSCHALKS. Recognizing that every team member is unique, with specific needs and goals, GOTTSCHALKS keeps their members informed about their 401(k) options.
- ADOPTION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT: GOTTSCHALKS does not offer adoption assistance reimbursement.
- BONUS PAY: GOTTSCHALKS has a great bonus plan that takes into account the individual efforts of a certain team member, as well as the results that those efforts generated.
- CHILDCARE DISCOUNT: GOTTSCHALKS offers a great discount for primary childcare to its team members and enables them affordable prices.
- COMMUTER BENEFIT: GOTTSCHALKS has a good commuting policy and offers commuter benefits that allow eligible team members to cover their transportation or parking costs up to a certain distance from the place of work.
- DAYCARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: GOTTSCHALKS offers an exceptional daycare program for its employees. Team members can withdraw funds from a flexible spending account to cover all sorts of expenses related to daycare or eldercare.
- DISABILITY: GOTTSCHALKS offers a first-class short-term disability coverage for its team members. Through disability program, part of the employee's salary is replaced by the coverage for a limited time. This enables team members to have a financial stability during the difficult period of their lives and helps them to get back on track.
- LIFE INSURANCE: GOTTSCHALKS offers a great life insurance policy to its team members for an affordable price. GOTTSCHALKS participates with 50% of the costs of the policy which makes it enticing for employees to buy it. Beneficiaries of team members can expect to get up to 1 year worth of employee's salary.
- PAID TIME OFF: GOTTSCHALKS wants for its team members to lead a happy and fulfilled life so it has a solid vacation policy for every employee. The number of paid vacation days depends on how long has a certain member been part of the team.
- PAID VOLUNTEER TIME OFF: GOTTSCHALKS does not offer paid volunteer time off.
- PARENTAL LEAVE: GOTTSCHALKS has an excellent parental leave policy for eligible team members like new mothers and fathers, including adoption, surrogacy and foster care.
|401(k) plan Benefits|
|Adoption assistance reimbursement Benefits|
|Bonus pay Benefits|
|Childcare discount Benefits|
|Commuter benefit Benefits|
|Daycare flexible spending account Benefits|
|Life insurance Benefits|
|Paid time off Benefits|
|Paid volunteer time off Benefits|
|Parental leave Benefits|
Improve this report:
We have prepared GOTTSCHALKS' benefits report with the best of our knowledge. If you believe some information here is incorrect, please click the link below and send as a note.
We will contact you and/or update the information in 2-5 business days.