This report analyzes and compares IBM's employee health insurance and employee benefits with its industry and in New York State.
Providing a smart employee benefits package is critical for attracting top talent and retaining valuable employees. Today, employee benefits play a vital role when candidates consider accepting a job offer.
Many companies offer today over-the-top perks, like yoga classes, haircuts, catered meals, and acupuncture. In this report, we focus however on traditional benefits. It's a work in progress that we will expand and update on a regular basis.
This report contains the following sections
IBM has remarkable career benefits that have a great impact on employees' career. There are several coaching and mentoring programs, as well as onboarding program for new employees to help them fit in the IBM. remarkable tuition reimbursement programs are available for employees who want to get a work-related degree or a certificate.
- CAREER PLANNING: IBM continually evaluates its team members to determine the potential and direction of employees' careers. The impressive tools that IBM uses for career planning allow employees to develop their skills and gain new insights about the industry.
- COACHING AND MENTORING: IBM offers first-class coaching and mentoring programs through which every employee gets the support and resources to become a valuable member of the team.
- DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES: IBM offers superior development resources to enable its employees to grow on a personal and a professional plan. With access to superior intern programs and seminars, employees can learn new skills and stay at the top of their fields.
- GED REIMBURSEMENT: IBM has an excellent GED policy and offers to pay full costs for employees who want to obtain a GED.
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS: IBM is always on the lookout for new leadership material and offers good development programs for its team members. With access to good resources, IBM ensures that team members with a potential for becoming leaders can achieve their goals.
- ONBOARDING: IBM is aware of the difficulties that new employees might experience when they join the team. That's why IBM has a solid Onboarding program that makes sure the transition period goes as smoothly as possible.
- RECOGNITION PROGRAMS: IBM knows that dedicated team members are hard to come by so it has an excellent Recognition program for those who stand out and continually contribute to IBM.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: IBM has a remarkable Tuition Reimbursement Program and pays 50% of costs for college degrees or courses that will benefit employee's current or future role at IBM.
|Career planning Benefits|
|Coaching and mentoring Benefits|
|Development resources Benefits|
|GED reimbursement Benefits|
|Leadership programs Benefits|
|Recognition programs Benefits|
|Tuition reimbursement Benefits|
IBM offers superb health benefits to its employees, of which some can be used by employee's family members. Besides an affordable healthcare insurance and a dental plan that includes recounstruction surgery, team members can enjoy IBM's superb maternity support program, nutritional and psychological counseling, and health plan incentives.
- COUNSELING: IBM has an exceptional counseling program for its employees and their family members. Team members are encouraged by IBM to talk freely with experts about everything that bothers them. Whether it's something at the workplace or something at home, experienced counselors are there to help. This exceptional counseling program offers help any time of the day, seven days a week. Even a certain number of family sessions is included.
- DENTAL PLAN: IBM offers a suitable dental plan for its team members to take care of their basic dental needs. The plan covers preventive dental exams in full. Team members have an option to pay for a more inclusive dental plan with better coverage.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: IBM offers a suitable health insurance for its team members that covers a most basic and some complex medical procedures.
- HEALTH PLAN INCENTIVES: IBM offers its team members superior health plan incentives. Team members are encouraged to take a proactive approach to their health and take care of their BMI, sugar and fat in their blood, and other biometrics. IBM provides educational material and seminars.
- HEALTHCARE SPENDING ACCOUNTS: IBM has a remarkable healthcare spending account available for their team members. Funds that are placed there are tax-free and can be used for medical necessities. Whatever money is left in the account at the end of the year is automatically carried over to the next year.
- MATERNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM: IBM has a valuable maternity support program with helpful resources for its expecting team members in an effort to make their pregnancy go as smooth as possible.
- TELEHEALTH: IBM has a solid telehealth policy available for its team members. Employees have access to exams and opinions over the phone which saves them a lot of time and stress. IBM can recommend a certain doctor or institution and covers up to 50% of the costs.
- VISION PLAN: IBM provides a first-class Vision Plan covers all sorts of eye-related medical assistance for its team members, with an additional option for covering the costs of glasses and contact lenses.
|Dental Plan Benefits|
|Health Insurance Benefits|
|Health Plan Incentives Benefits|
|Healthcare Spending Accounts Benefits|
|Maternity support program Benefits|
|Vision Plan Benefits|
IBM offers remarkable financial benefits for employees and their family members. A remarkable 401(k) plan makes sure that employees have a secure retirement, while a generous, fully paid parental leave allows expecting mothers and fathers to enjoy their child's first year. Along with paid vacations, employees can enjoy fully paid commuting as well.
- 401(K) PLAN: IBM knows how important it is to think about retirement and start saving on time. That's why it offers a great 401(k) plan that enables every team member to build a decent retirement fund at their own pace. Team members are allowed to put aside up to 4% of their salary and IBM will match 50% of it. The employees can choose from multiple investment plans, according to their wishes and lifestyles. For those who are not sure about their investment options, IBM provides resources which will help team members decide what to do with their 401(k) plan. IBM offers a great vesting schedule with a gradual increase of 25% per year.
- ADOPTION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT: IBM has a remarkable Adoption Assistance Reimbursement program in place for employees who are planning to adopt a child. Most of the adoption fees are eligible to be reimbursed by IBM.
- BONUS PAY: IBM has an impressive bonus plan. It makes sure that hardworking team members are properly rewarded for their individual contribution to projects as well as their cooperation with other team members.
- CHILDCARE DISCOUNT: IBM has an impressive childcare discount policy for its employees and offers attractive rates for eligible childcare centers.
- COMMUTER BENEFIT: IBM acknowledges the fact that some team members have high commuting costs so it offers them remarkable commuter benefits which cover various commuting expenses for trains and buses, as well as parking expenses.
- DAYCARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: IBM offers a first-class daycare policy for its members, with a flexible spending account which team members can use to pay for various daycare expenses for when they are at work.
- DISABILITY: IBM offers a superior short-term disability coverage for its team members. Through disability program, part of the employee's salary is replaced by the coverage for a limited time. This enables team members to have a financial stability during the difficult period of their lives and helps them to get back on track.
- LIFE INSURANCE: IBM offers an exceptional life insurance program. It is one of the best in the country and offers free life insurance for team members. The policy pays up to three years worth of salary to beneficiaries. This exceptional life insurance package contains dependent policies as well.
- PAID TIME OFF: IBM wants for its team members to lead a happy and fulfilled life so it has a good vacation policy for every employee. The number of paid vacation days depends on how long has a certain member been part of the team.
- PAID VOLUNTEER TIME OFF: IBM has a first-class volunteer time off program for its team members. Aware of the fact that volunteer work builds character and widens the horizons, IBM stimulates its team members to use two paid days every quartal for volunteering purposes.
- PARENTAL LEAVE: IBM has a suitable parental leave policy for eligible team members like new mothers and fathers, including adoption, surrogacy and foster care.
|401(k) plan Benefits|
|Adoption assistance reimbursement Benefits|
|Bonus pay Benefits|
|Childcare discount Benefits|
|Commuter benefit Benefits|
|Daycare flexible spending account Benefits|
|Life insurance Benefits|
|Paid time off Benefits|
|Paid volunteer time off Benefits|
|Parental leave Benefits|
Improve this report:
We have prepared IBM's benefits report with the best of our knowledge. If you believe some information here is incorrect, please click the link below and send as a note.
We will contact you and/or update the information in 2-5 business days.