This report analyzes and compares NEWS CORP's employee health insurance and employee benefits with its industry and in New York State.
Providing a smart employee benefits package is critical for attracting top talent and retaining valuable employees. Today, employee benefits play a vital role when candidates consider accepting a job offer.
Many companies offer today over-the-top perks, like yoga classes, haircuts, catered meals, and acupuncture. In this report, we focus however on traditional benefits. It's a work in progress that we will expand and update on a regular basis.
This report contains the following sections
NEWS CORP has superior career benefits that have a great impact on employees' career. There are several coaching and mentoring programs, as well as onboarding program for new employees to help them fit in the NEWS CORP. superior tuition reimbursement programs are available for employees who want to get a work-related degree or a certificate.
- CAREER PLANNING: NEWS CORP continually evaluates its team members to determine the potential and direction of employees' careers. The outstanding tools that NEWS CORP uses for career planning allow employees to develop their skills and gain new insights about the industry.
- COACHING AND MENTORING: By using a suitable coaching and mentoring program, NEWS CORP can determine what should every team member focus on to grow and increase productivity.
- DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES: NEWS CORP offers first-class development resources to enable its employees to grow on a personal and a professional plan. With access to first-class intern programs and seminars, employees can learn new skills and stay at the top of their fields.
- GED REIMBURSEMENT: NEWS CORP has an outstanding GED policy and offers to pay full costs for employees who want to obtain a GED.
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS: NEWS CORP does not offer leadership programs.
- ONBOARDING: NEWS CORP offers a top-notch Onboarding program for its new team members. Employees receive a personalized support in an effort to bring them up to date and successfully integrate them into existing teams and projects.
- RECOGNITION PROGRAMS: Aware of the fact that its team members work hard, NEWS CORP implemented a great Recognition program with informal rewards to make sure the team members know they are appreciated.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: NEWS CORP has a valuable Tuition Reimbursement Program and participates with up to 25% of the costs for team members who want a job-related certificate or a degree.
|Career planning Benefits|
|Coaching and mentoring Benefits|
|Development resources Benefits|
|GED reimbursement Benefits|
|Leadership programs Benefits|
|Recognition programs Benefits|
|Tuition reimbursement Benefits|
NEWS CORP offers superb health benefits to its employees, of which some can be used by employee's family members. Besides an affordable healthcare insurance and a dental plan that includes recounstruction surgery, team members can enjoy NEWS CORP's superb maternity support program, nutritional and psychological counseling, and health plan incentives.
- COUNSELING: NEWS CORP is aware of the fact that its employees can sometimes experience stress at the workplace or have some other psychological issues. That's why NEWS CORP implemented a solid counseling program that helps team members during office hours. Employees can receive a psychological and emotional support during difficult periods of their time and learn how to effectively cope with stress. This solid counseling program includes nutritional and fitness information as well.
- DENTAL PLAN: NEWS CORP cares about its team members' dental health so it offers an outstanding dental plan for employees and their family members that fully covers all sorts of preventative dental care as well as reconstructive surgeries and other orthodontia services.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: NEWS CORP provides an outstanding health insurance plan that covers all sorts of medical expenses for employees and their families, including hospital stays and surgical procedures.
- HEALTH PLAN INCENTIVES: In an effort to improve the wellbeing and quality of life of its team members, NEWS CORP offers great health plan incentives for its employees. Employees have at their disposal various resources through which they can learn about their health and how to improve it.
- HEALTHCARE SPENDING ACCOUNTS: NEWS CORP offers an extraordinary healthcare spending account to its employees. Employees have an option to deposit a part of their salary into the account and use it for any medical or dental expenses not covered by their health plan. Employee's family members can use this funds as well.
- MATERNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM: Aware of the challenges that come with pregnancy, NEWS CORP has created a first-class maternity support program to support its expecting team members.
- TELEHEALTH: NEWS CORP has a valuable telehealth policy available for its team members. Employees have access to exams and opinions over the phone which saves them a lot of time and stress. NEWS CORP can recommend a certain doctor or institution and covers up to 50% of the costs.
- VISION PLAN: NEWS CORP has an extraordinary Vision Plan for its team members who can count on coverage of a wide variety eye exams and procedures, as well as vision-related medical devices.
|Dental Plan Benefits|
|Health Insurance Benefits|
|Health Plan Incentives Benefits|
|Healthcare Spending Accounts Benefits|
|Maternity support program Benefits|
|Vision Plan Benefits|
NEWS CORP offers superb financial benefits for employees and their family members. A superb 401(k) plan makes sure that employees have a secure retirement, while a generous, fully paid parental leave allows expecting mothers and fathers to enjoy their child's first year. Along with paid vacations, employees can enjoy fully paid commuting as well.
- 401(K) PLAN: NEWS CORP knows how important it is to think about retirement and start saving on time. That's why it offers a good 401(k) plan that enables every team member to build a decent retirement fund at their own pace. Team members are allowed to put aside up to 4% of their salary and NEWS CORP will match 50% of it. The employees can choose from multiple investment plans, according to their wishes and lifestyles. For those who are not sure about their investment options, NEWS CORP provides resources which will help team members decide what to do with their 401(k) plan. NEWS CORP offers a good vesting schedule with a gradual increase of 25% per year.
- ADOPTION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT: NEWS CORP has a great Adoption Assistance Reimbursement program that pays certain fees associated with the adoption process. With this program, the employees can rest assure that at least some of the costs will be covered.
- BONUS PAY: NEWS CORP has a solid bonus plan that takes into account the individual efforts of a certain team member, as well as the results that those efforts generated.
- CHILDCARE DISCOUNT: NEWS CORP has an impressive childcare discount policy for its employees and offers attractive rates for eligible childcare centers.
- COMMUTER BENEFIT: NEWS CORP acknowledges the fact that some team members have high commuting costs so it offers them superb commuter benefits which cover various commuting expenses for trains and buses, as well as parking expenses.
- DAYCARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: NEWS CORP has a valuable daycare spending account that fills from each paycheck before taxes. This allows team members to partially cover costs of daycare while they are at work.
- DISABILITY: NEWS CORP offers a superb short-term disability coverage for its team members. Through disability program, part of the employee's salary is replaced by the coverage for a limited time. This enables team members to have a financial stability during the difficult period of their lives and helps them to get back on track.
- LIFE INSURANCE: NEWS CORP offers an extraordinary life insurance program. It is one of the best in the country and offers free life insurance for team members. The policy pays up to three years worth of salary to beneficiaries. This extraordinary life insurance package contains dependent policies as well.
- PAID TIME OFF: NEWS CORP wants for its team members to lead a happy and fulfilled life so it has a valuable vacation policy for every employee. The number of paid vacation days depends on how long has a certain member been part of the team.
- PAID VOLUNTEER TIME OFF: NEWS CORP has a superb volunteer time off program for its team members. Aware of the fact that volunteer work builds character and widens the horizons, NEWS CORP stimulates its team members to use two paid days every quartal for volunteering purposes.
- PARENTAL LEAVE: NEWS CORP has a good parental leave policy for eligible team members like new mothers and fathers, including adoption, surrogacy and foster care.
|401(k) plan Benefits|
|Adoption assistance reimbursement Benefits|
|Bonus pay Benefits|
|Childcare discount Benefits|
|Commuter benefit Benefits|
|Daycare flexible spending account Benefits|
|Life insurance Benefits|
|Paid time off Benefits|
|Paid volunteer time off Benefits|
|Parental leave Benefits|
Improve this report:
We have prepared NEWS CORP's benefits report with the best of our knowledge. If you believe some information here is incorrect, please click the link below and send as a note.
We will contact you and/or update the information in 2-5 business days.