This report analyzes and compares NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION's employee health insurance and employee benefits with its industry and in New York State.
Providing a smart employee benefits package is critical for attracting top talent and retaining valuable employees. Today, employee benefits play a vital role when candidates consider accepting a job offer.
Many companies offer today over-the-top perks, like yoga classes, haircuts, catered meals, and acupuncture. In this report, we focus however on traditional benefits. It's a work in progress that we will expand and update on a regular basis.
This report contains the following sections
NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION has first-class career benefits that have a great impact on employees' career. There are several coaching and mentoring programs, as well as onboarding program for new employees to help them fit in the NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. first-class tuition reimbursement programs are available for employees who want to get a work-related degree or a certificate.
- CAREER PLANNING: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers remarkable possibilities for career planning to its team members. Whether it's an expert position or an entry-level position, NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION makes sure that every single team member takes the full advantage of remarkable career planning programs.
- COACHING AND MENTORING: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION does not offer coaching and mentoring.
- DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES: exceptional development resources are what allows NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION to keep its team members in shape and widen their personal and professional horizons. Throughout the year, employees are encouraged to participate in exceptional workshops and learning groups with the focus on topics relevant to their respective fields.
- GED REIMBURSEMENT: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION has an impressive GED policy and offers to pay full costs for employees who want to obtain a GED.
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers a wide variety of superior courses and seminars for every team member who aspires to a leadership position. Employees are encouraged by NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION to grow as leaders and learn how to make tough calls.
- ONBOARDING: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION does not offer onboarding.
- RECOGNITION PROGRAMS: Aware of the fact that its team members work hard, NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION implemented a valuable Recognition program with informal rewards to make sure the team members know they are appreciated.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION realizes that continuous education is a key to success so it has an extraordinary Tuition Reimbursement Program and pays full costs for college degrees or job-related certificates.
NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
|Career planning Benefits
|Coaching and mentoring Benefits
|Development resources Benefits
|GED reimbursement Benefits
|Leadership programs Benefits
|Recognition programs Benefits
|Tuition reimbursement Benefits
NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers superior health benefits to its employees, of which some can be used by employee's family members. Besides an affordable healthcare insurance and a dental plan that includes recounstruction surgery, team members can enjoy NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION's superior maternity support program, nutritional and psychological counseling, and health plan incentives.
- COUNSELING: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION does not offer counseling.
- DENTAL PLAN: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION cares about its team members' dental health so it offers an outstanding dental plan for employees and their family members that fully covers all sorts of preventative dental care as well as reconstructive surgeries and other orthodontia services.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers a superior health insurance for every employee. Various exams and procedures are covered, as well as comprehensive health plans.
- HEALTH PLAN INCENTIVES: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION is aware of the fact that a healthy employee is a productive employee so it offers outstanding health plan incentives for its team members. Some of the perks are lowered premium rates, individual consultations with nutritionists and physicians, and regular checkups.
- HEALTHCARE SPENDING ACCOUNTS: To financially help its team members with medical emergencies, NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers a good healthcare spending account where employees can deposit a part of their paycheck, free of taxes, and use it to pay hospital bills or other eligible expenses. Any remaining funds left at the end of the year are forfeited.
- MATERNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers an exceptional maternity support program which enables expecting mothers to access quality resources, administrative assistance, and support every single day.
- TELEHEALTH: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION does not offer telehealth.
- VISION PLAN: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers a good Vision Plan for its team members and covers the costs of basic eye exams with a possibility to pay for additional benefits.
NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
|Dental Plan Benefits
|Health Insurance Benefits
|Health Plan Incentives Benefits
|Healthcare Spending Accounts Benefits
|Maternity support program Benefits
|Vision Plan Benefits
NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers superior financial benefits for employees and their family members. A superior 401(k) plan makes sure that employees have a secure retirement, while a generous, fully paid parental leave allows expecting mothers and fathers to enjoy their child's first year. Along with paid vacations, employees can enjoy fully paid commuting as well.
- 401(K) PLAN: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION knows how important it is to think about retirement and start saving on time. That's why it offers a solid 401(k) plan that enables every team member to build a decent retirement fund at their own pace. Team members are allowed to put aside up to 4% of their salary and NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION will match 50% of it. The employees can choose from multiple investment plans, according to their wishes and lifestyles. For those who are not sure about their investment options, NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION provides resources which will help team members decide what to do with their 401(k) plan. NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers a solid vesting schedule with a gradual increase of 25% per year.
- ADOPTION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION does not offer adoption assistance reimbursement.
- BONUS PAY: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers top-notch bonuses to team members who excel in their field of work, provide extraordinary results for NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, and encourage others to do the same.
- CHILDCARE DISCOUNT: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers a valuable discount for primary childcare to its team members and enables them affordable prices.
- COMMUTER BENEFIT: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers impressive commuter benefits for its team members and enables them to pay for all sorts of transportation fees, regardless of their distance from the place of work and the costs involved.
- DAYCARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers an impressive daycare program for its employees. Team members can withdraw funds from a flexible spending account to cover all sorts of expenses related to daycare or eldercare.
- DISABILITY: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION has a solid disability program in place that takes care of team members who sustained an injury or suffer from an illness that causes them disability. Eligible team members are offered a solid coverage for a short-term disability that replaces a certain percentage of salary for a certain period of time.
- LIFE INSURANCE: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION offers a good life insurance policy to its team members for an affordable price. NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION participates with 50% of the costs of the policy which makes it enticing for employees to buy it. Beneficiaries of team members can expect to get up to 1 year worth of employee's salary.
- PAID TIME OFF: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION has an exceptional vacation program for its team members with a great deal of paid vacation days. Team members can spend those days at their own pace, any time of the year. Various national and personal holidays are taken into account as well.
- PAID VOLUNTEER TIME OFF: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION does not offer paid volunteer time off.
- PARENTAL LEAVE: NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION has an impressive parental leave policy for eligible team members like new mothers and fathers, including adoption, surrogacy and foster care.
NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
|401(k) plan Benefits
|Adoption assistance reimbursement Benefits
|Bonus pay Benefits
|Childcare discount Benefits
|Commuter benefit Benefits
|Daycare flexible spending account Benefits
|Life insurance Benefits
|Paid time off Benefits
|Paid volunteer time off Benefits
|Parental leave Benefits
Improve this report:
We have prepared NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION's benefits report with the best of our knowledge. If you believe some information here is incorrect, please click the link below and send as a note.
We will contact you and/or update the information in 2-5 business days.